May 09, 2009

Tonight is the Full Flower Moon

Jeff, one of my faithful readers, has informed me I'm not updating this blog enough. Sadly, it's true. Work has been busy lately. I'm grateful I have a job, so I'm not complaining. But for Jeff, here are two updates in one day.

Tonight is the Full Flower Moon. I've noted before that some of the past moons didn't fully live up to their names (no wolves in my neighborhood during the Full Wolf Moon, for example).

The Full Flower Moon is right on the money, though. There are flowers everywhere right now, particularly lilacs. The entire city is fragrant!

As always, I get my info about the moon names from the Old Farmer's Almanac.

There are other systems for naming the full moons in a year. This page has a list of several, some of them quite dramatic. I particularly like the Hungry Ghost Moon, Panther Moon, and the Moon When the Horns Are Broken Off.

2 comments:

Rich Clabaugh said...

Thanks for the post Peter!

Suu_Whoop said...

When there is a desire to get information about a topic that interests you, it is best to browse thematic sites. For example, if you are interested in floristry and flowers, it is best to read about it in florist shop or similar resources, as people who give face it every day and definitely know a lot about it